Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Alpha Wholesale HVAC Ltd ("Alpha", "we", "us", "ours"), and we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We will handle your data fairly and legally at all times and will be transparent about what data we collect about you, and how it is used.
This policy will provide you with information about:
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
As necessary, we may make changes to this Privacy Notice in the future. Any such changes will be posted online and, where appropriate, will be sent to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to remain aware of any updates or changes to this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Your Data
Alpha Wholesale HVAC Ltd (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To make a website account that is tailored to you;
- To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- With your consent, to contact you via email regarding promotions, products and services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- For market research purposes, helping us better understand your needs;
- Where we have a legal right or duty to disclose or use your information (e.g. in relation to a legal dispute, or in relation to an investigation by a public authority)
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Introduction and Definitions
Data controller – a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for how and why data is processed.
Data processor – any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
Data subject – An individual who is the subject of personal data.
Personal data - Any information relating to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified by that information. For example, name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers may include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data - The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’. These special categories specifically include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, medical information (including mental health), trade union membership, political opinions and religious or philosophical beliefs. In addition, genetic data, and biometric data is included where it can be processed to uniquely identify an individual.
Processing –This includes collection of the data, recording, organisation, storage either manually or electronically, adaptation or alteration of the data, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available the data, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of the data.
Third party – This means a person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, data controller or data processor who, under the direct authority of the data controller or data processor, are authorised to access and/or process personal data.
Who Are We?
We are Alpha Wholesale HVAC Ltd and we are the data controller. Our business contact details are:
Alpha Wholesale HVAC Ltd,
Orchard Business Park,
Five Oak Green,
For all data matters, please use the following contact email address: [email protected]
The Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Note - You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, however, failure to provide any necessary data may mean that we cannot fulfil orders or process payments that may be due to you.
Data We Collect
We collect information from you when you open an account with us, purchase our products and/or remit payment to us. We also collect information about you using cookies (see policy regarding cookies further down this notice), and if you interact with us via phone, social media or our website (including webforms and surveys) or opt into our marketing. Where suppliers are concerned, we also collect data from you when you open an account for us and/or supply you with goods or services.
The categories of information we collect directly from you include (but are not limited to):
- Name, work or personal address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, financial and/or credit card information, customer data, payment data.
- Some of the above data will be collected via a third party where references or credit rating reports are required.
- In addition, we also record dates and locations of deliveries relevant to your order.
- We have CCTV & Audio monitoring on site 24 hours a day, therefore all visitors to our premises may be recorded. The CCTV is routinely monitored for security & monitoring purposes.
- We record phone calls to protect the interest of one or more participants.
- Where we have obtained your personal data from a third party this will be as our point of contact for receiving and arranging delivery of your order.
Legal Basis for Processing Customer Personal Data
We collect and use customers personal data because it is necessary for:
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data, in relation to sending direct marketing to customer via email or post. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. We will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our Legitimate Interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Alpha Wholesale HVAC Ltd, including:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant to you;
- Understanding our customers behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
- Improving existing products and services, and developing new products and services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime and fraud and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- Protecting Alpha, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Alpha.
- Effectively handing any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Alpha;
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues.
Special Categories of Personal Data
We do not knowingly process any data from our customers or suppliers which falls into Special Categories.
Sharing Your Personal Data
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your data with some of our service providers. These include (but are not limited to) delivery services, IT services, marketing services and analytics services.
Alpha Wholesale HVAC Ltd only allows its service providers to handle your personal data, when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. These third party providers are only able to use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
Our Processing partners must ensure adequate levels of protection to your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to, to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") you have certain rights with respect to your information which are summarized below:
- Right to access information maintained about you;
- Right to ensure your data is accurate and complete;
- Right to erasure, or the right to be forgotten;
- Right to restriction or suppression of personal data;
- Right to data portability (to request that we transmit your personal data to another provider of services);
- Right to withdraw consent if consent was previously provided; and
- Right to raise a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your information secure;
Although we will do everything we reasonably can to prevent data breaches, we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify the suitable authorities of data breaches, and to notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests.
Transfer of Data Abroad
It is not intended that your information be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but if it is, mechanisms approved by the European Commission or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will be put in place prior to us processing your information. Where required we will also obtain your consent.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that we place into a folder on your computer when you visit http://www.alphawholesale.co.uk/. We use these to maintain your trolley so that the items you add are there on your next visit and to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience through features such as product recommendations.
We set out below information to assist your understanding of the cookies that we use here at Alpha Wholesale.
There are two types of cookies used by Alpha Wholesale which vary by the length of time they remain active:
Set by a site, which are deleted when the visitor closes their browser.
Set by a site, which are stored on the visitor's device and expire on a given date.
What Are Cookies Used For?
The main purpose for which cookies are used are:
For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success or campaigns, competitions etc.
How Do I Disable Cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
3. Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files"> "Preferences"
What Happens If I Disable Cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
For all data matters please use the following email address: [email protected].
If this does not resolve your query to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.